17 main Differences between Maxillary and Mandibular Incisors:
Maxillary Incisors are larger than Mandibular Incisors.
- Maxillary incisors have wider Mesio-Distal diameter than Labio-Lingual Diameter.
- Mandibular Incisors have wider Labio-lingual Diameter than Mesio-Distal diameter.
- Maxillary Incisors have more distinct lingual Anatomy.
- Maxillary incisors have lingual pits not found on Mandibular incisors.
- Maxilary incisors have rounded roots on cross-section.
- All incisors except the Mandibular Central Incisor have Rounded Disto Incisal angle compared to the Mesioincisal Angles – Because Mandibular Central incisor is Symmetrical.
- In Mandibular incisors, Incisal edge is lingual to labiolingual midpoint.
- Maxillary Incisors Incisal edge is centered Labiolingually
- Facial Embrasure is greater than Lingual Embrasure in Mandibular Incisor.
- Lingual Embrasure is greater than Facial Embrasure in Maxillary Incisor.
- Height of Contour is more incisal on Mandibular Incisor.
- Mandibular Incisors Labial surface is straighter and Flatter than Maxillary Incisors.
- Smallest Tooth- Mandibular Central Incisor
- Bilaterally Symmetric Tooth- Mandibular Central Incisor
- Most distinct Lingual Anatomy – Maxillary Lateral Incisor.
- Incisal Edge is not Perpendicular to Labio-Lingual Bisecting Linein – Mandibular Lateral Incisor