Here are various images of Dry Socket seen in Dental Practice.
Which presents with the following symptoms:
- Severe Radiating Pain to the Ear or other parts of face.
- Socket is devoid of clot or contains brown, friable clot which is easily washed out.
- Foul smell: Due to Food debris accumulated in the socket which starts disintegrating.
- On washing away of the food debris the bare pocket floor can be seen which is extremely sensitive to touch.
- Regional Lymphnodes: Tender and enlarged.
- Occasionally Pyrexia is seen.
dry socket formation
Dry Socket With Necrotic Bone
Dry socket with unhealed Socket
Dry Socket with Slough formation
Dry Socket in the upper left 2nd molar