The Questions from AIIMS May 2010 MDS/Dental Entrance, All the Best for your entrance exams. Follow the question papers and do well in Entrances. As we have seen that previous questions are repeated a lot of times it is sensible to be up to date with the questions and practice them more than once.
For more previous AIIMS papers:
- AIIMS 2012 MAY Questions Paper: AIIMS MAY 2012
- AIIMS 2012 NOV Question Paper: AIIMS NOV 2012
- AIIMS 2011 MAY Question Paper: AIIMS MAY 2011
- AIIMS 2010 NOV Question Paper: AIIMS NOV 2010
1. while taking the Bitewing radiograph the dentist should keep the direction and angulation of the central ray ?
- 10 degrees below the horizontal plane
- 10 degrees above the horizontal plane
- 10 degrees to the right
- 10 degrees to the left
2. Campbell line is seen in X-ray of following projection ?
3. Least radiation exposure occurs in ?
- CT Scan
4. In case of nasal fracture the following radiograph is used ?
- Lateral skull view
5. A patient of 40 years make got a blow on the angle region of the mandible ans he is asymptomatic. The Radioopaque line is shown by X-rays of that region with a very sharp undercut in the lower border of the mandible which may be due to ?
- Sutural diastasis
- Overlapping sign
- Separation sign
- Non union sign
6. Munsell System is used to ?
- Define and measure color qualitatively
- Define and measure physical properties of gold alloys
- Evaluate brittleness of different alloys
- Measures different colors quantitatively
7. Which of the following test is considered as Microhardness test ?
- Brinell Hardness
- Rockwell hardness
8. Which of the following is the correct glass transition temperature of impression compound ?
- 43.5 degree Centigrade
- 39 degree Centigrade
- 65 degree Centigrade
- 100 degree Centigrade
9. Which of the following is used as a surface hardener in impression materials ?
- 2% K2SO4
- 0.2% K2SO4
- 2 % Na Sulfate
- 4% K2SO4
10. Condensation shrinkage of porcelain during firing depends upon ?
- Rate of firing temperature
- Uniformity of particle size
- Shape and size of particles
- Type of investment material
11. Addition of 4% Potassium sulfate and 0.4% Borax to impression plaster helps in ?
- Regulating Setting time and expansion
- Imparting color and taste
- Regulating strength and consistency
- Adhering to tray during impression
12. 2% potassium sulphate hardening solution used in which of the following ?
- Impression compound
- ZOE paste
13. The premolar with the occlusal groove pattern that may stimulate the letter ‘Y’ is ?
- Maxillary 1st Premolar
- Mandibular 1st Premolar
- Maxillary 2nd Premolar
- Mandibular 2nd Premolar
14. The highest and the sharpest cusp on the deciduous mandibular 1st molar is ?
15. Less calcified among the type of cementum is ?
- Cellular cementum
- Acellular Cementum
- Incremental line
16. Dentin Islands are frequently found in the root canals of which of the following permanent teeth ?
- Maxillary lateral incisor and mandibular canine
- Maxillary 2nd Premolar and Mandibular 1st Molar
- Maxillary 2nd Premolar and Mandibular canine
- Maxillary 1st Molar and Mandibular 2nd Premolar
17. A primitive basic tooth form having a single conical crown and a single root is known as ?
18. The chamfer finish line is used in ?
- Lingual surface of metal ceramic crown
- Facial surface of metal ceramic crown
- Facial surface of porcelain jacket crown
- Lingual surface of porcelain jacket crown
19. The replacement of missing part of artificial substitute is called as ?
- Tongue Blade
- Myofunctional appliance
20. Porcelain laminate veeners during adhesion get maximum retention through ?
- Composite resin, Salanation, luting agents, acid etching and porcelain
21. Non Active Carious lesion is distinguished by all except ?
- Covered by a layer of plaque
- Soft and leathery in consistency
- Brown or Black discoloration
- Severe pain during caries removal
22. The most important criteria in using irrigation solution is ?
- Volume of irrigant
- Thickness of syringe used
- Concentration of irrigant
- None of the above
23. An Ideal result in Endodontic treatment is deposition og which of the following at the apex ?
- PDL Fibers
24. An avulsed tooth before replantation should be treated with
25. During Orthodontic movement of maxillary Central Incisor, Center of rotation is present at Apex, it shows ?
- Controlled Tipping
- Uncontrolled Tipping
26. During which orthodontic tooth movement centre of rotation is at bracket slot ?
- Controlled Movement
27. The highest point in the concavity present behind the occipital condyle is ?
- Bolton Point
28. Dontrix Gauge is used for ?
- Measurement of wire strength
- Measurement of Force
- Measurement of wire distortion
- Measurement of wire deformation
29. In Normal edge and centroid relationship ?
- Edge and Centroid are in one plane
- Edge is in front of centroid
- Edge is behind the centroid
- None of the above
30. In a 6 yr old child the fear of dentistry is ?
- Objective fear
- Subjective fear
- Psychological fear
- Both objective and Subjective fear
31. Most commonly anterior crossbite in mixed dentition is due to ?
- Prolonged retention of deciduous teeth
- Jaw discrepancy
- Thumb sucking
- Mouth breathing
32. Seizure especially seen in children with no aura is ?
- Grandmal epilepsy
- Petitmal epilepsy
- Infantile Epilepsy
- Tonic Clonic Epilepsy
33. Width of Attached gingival is least in ?
- Maxillary Central Incisor
- Maxillary 1st Premolar
- Mandibular 1st Premolar
- Mandibular Central Incisor
34. Dendritic cells are located in the basal layer are ?
- Basket Cells
- Merkel Cells
35. The cells which secrete maximum amount of antibodies ?
- Plasma cells
- Mast cells
36. All fo following are used to maintain proper oxygen flow to the patient except ?
- Placement of nitrogen flow meter downstream of the oxygen flowmeter
- A proportionate between N2 and O2 control valve
- Different pin index for nitrogen and Oxygen
- Calibrated Oxygen concentration analysis
37. Order of Sensitivity of nerve fibers to local anaesthesia in decreasing order ?
- Pain (C and A-Delta fibers), preganglionic sympathetic (B) Motor
- Preganglionic Sympathetic (B), Pain (C and A-delta), Sensory Motor
- Pain (C and A Delta), sensory, motor, preganglionic sympathetic (B)
- Preganglionic Sympathetic (B), Sensory, Motor, Pain (C and A-delta)
38. Following is the 1st sign that appeared in Shock ?
39. A patient with Lefort II, Lefort III and nasoethmoidal fracture with intermaxillary fixation done is best intubated by ?
- Nasal Intubation
- Oral Intubation
- Submental Intubation
- All of the above
40. A patient with Extracted IIIrd Molar complains of loss of blood clot, pain with no fever and swelling, is best treated by ?
- Irrigation of socket with sedative and placement of analgesic
- Curettage of socket and induces bleeding
- Left untreated and observe for few days
- Start antibiotics followed by curettage of socket
41. Parasthesia in inferior alveolar nerve block mainly occurs due to ?
- Low acidic pH
- Injury of medial pterygoid
- Contact of needle to nerve trunk
- Injury to lateral pterygoid
42. Hematoma formation during or immediately following a PSA block is most likely result of damage to ?
- Injection in pterygoid plexus
- Injection in Facial Artery
- Injection into internal maxillary artery
- Injection in small capillaries and arterioles
43. The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation should be ?
- 2 inches per second
- 1 inch persecond
- 2 inches per 5 seconds
- 2 inches per 3 seconds
44. Anterior displacement of fractured condyle is due to ?
- Lateral Pterygoid
- Medial Pterygoid
45. Muscle attached with articular disc and have role in displacement in condylar fracture ?
- Lateral Pterygoid
- Medial Pterygoid
46. The PHP index describes ?
- Performance of hygiene by patient after brushing self evaluation
- Measures oral hygiene and gingival bleeding
- Scores the plaque and gingivitis
- Evaluates plaque and calculus on specific tooth surface
47. Which of the following is an example of disability limitation ?
- Reducing occurrence of Polio by immunization
- Arranging for schooling of child suffering from PRPP
- Resting affected limbs in neutral position
- Providing callipers for walking
48. All of the following indicators are included in physical quality of life index (PQLI) except ?
- Infant mortality rate
- Life expectancy at age one
- Literacy rate
- Per capita income
49. Least common complication of measles is ?
- Otitis Media
50. Which is true about BCG vaccination ?
- Distilled water is used as diluents for BCG
- The site of injection should be cleaned with spirit
- Montoux test becomes positive after 48 hours of vaccination
- WHO recommended Danish 1331 strain for vaccine production
51. True about endemic typhus ?
- Man is the only reservoir of infection
- Flea is a vector of the disease
- A Rash developing is not an eschar is characteristic
- Culture is the diagnostic modality
52. A Study was conducted to test if use of herbal tea played any role in prevention of common cold. Data was collected on the number of people who developed cold and those who did not develop cold and this data was tabulated in relation to whether they consumed Herbal tea or not:
The analysis test of choice to test this study is ?
- Student t test (unpaired)
- Student t test (paired)
- Chi square test
- ‘Z’ test
53. Which of the following oropharyngeal function is not involuntary ?
- Tongue Position
54. Tongue movement has primarily its effect on ?
- Palatoglossal Arch
- Facial Musculature
55. All of the following occurs in Adrenal deficiency except ?
56. Site of RBC formation in 20 yr old healthy male is ?
- Flat bones
- Long Bones
- Yolk Sac
57. Brocas Area is concerned with ?
- Word formation
- Comprehends language not speaking
- Present in posterior part of temporal lobe
- Is the confluence of somatic, auditory and visceral areas
58. The nucleus involved in papez circuit is ?
- VPL Nucleus
- Anterior nucleus of thalamus
59. The mechanism of hearing and memory includes all except ?
- Changes in level of neurotransmitter at synapse
- Increasing protein synthesis
- Recruitment by multiplication of neurons
- Spatial recognition of synapse
60. The processing of short term memory to long term memory is done in ?
- Prefrontal cortex
61. Delta Waves are seen in ?
- Deep Sleep
- REM Sleep
- Awake state
- Stage I NREM Sleep
62. Which of the following hormone has greatest effect on granulation tissue in wound healing ?
63. Pernicious Anemia occurs due to the deficiency of ?
- Folic acid
64. Which of the following factors are associated with Vitamin K ?
- II, VII, IX, X
- III, X, XII
- V, VII, IX
- II, VII, VIII
65. The fading of nuclear chromatin of necrotic cells is ?
66. When malignant cells resemble more primitive, undifferentiated cells than those from which they arose, they are said to be ?
67. The following drug is not useful for MRSA ?
68. Which drug is not acetylated ?
69. A 70 year old male develops pneumonia and septicemia. Patient goes into renal failure and has a BP of 70/50 mm Hg. Drug that should be used to maintain B.P is ?
- Nor Epinephrine
70. Centrinueraxial (Spinal Epidural) anaesthesia is not contraindicated in ?
- Platelets <80,000
- Patient on Asprin
- Patient on Oral anticoagulatns
- Raised intracranial pressure
71. A young male patient presented with UTI. On urine examination pus cells were found but no organisms. Which method would be best used for culture ?
- Mc Coy Culture
- Thayer Martin Medium
- L.J medium
- Levinthal medium
72. A farmer presents with pustules, which show Gram positive cocci on smear. Culture shows beta hemolysis and organisms are catalase negative. To show that the identified organism is group A Streptococci, which of the following test should be done ?
- Bacitracin sensitivity
- Optochin sensitivity
- Novobiocin sensitivity
- Bile Solubility
73. Which of the following bacteria act by increasing C-AMP ?
- Vibrio Cholera
- Staphy Aureus
- L-coli heat stable
74. Brucella is transmitted by all except ?
- Through the placenta of animals
- Aerosal transmission
- Person to person
- Eating uncooked food
75. Infectious Mononucleosis is caused by ?
- Epstein Bar Viurs
- Herpes Cimplex Virus
- Varicella Zooster Virus
76. Multiple punched out lesions are seen in ?
- Multiple myeloma
- Sickle cell anemia
77. The Lesion which is erythematous and with recurrent vesicles which are distributed along the sensory nerve trunk is ?
- Herpes Zooster
- Erythema Multiforme
- Recurrent Apthous
- Herpes Gingivostomatitis
78. Most common variation is developmental tooth mass is seen in ?
- Maxillary lateral incisor and 3rd molar
- Mandibular premolar and 3rd molar
- Mandibular premolar and Maxillary lateral incisor
- Maxillary canine and 3rd molar
79. Abnormal laboratory finding in hemophilia is ?
- Increased PTT
- Increased PT
- Increased CT
- Increased BT
80. A Union of the roots of adjacent teeth through the cementum is referred to as ?
81. Torus mandibularis is most commonly seen in the region of ?
- Incisor region
- Canine region
- Premolar region
- Molar region
82. Multiple retained decidious teeth are seen in ?
- Cleidocranial dyostoses
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Amelogenesis imperfecta
- Craniofacial dysostoses
83. Which of the following disease is most commonly associated with periodontal disorder ?
- Wegners Granulomatosis
- Histocytoses – x
84. The cyst located at the junction of medial nasal process, lateral nasal process and maxillary process ?
- Globulomaxillary cyst
- Nasoalveolar cyst
- Nasopalatine cyst
- Median Palatine cyst
85. Most common primary bone tumor is ?
- Ewings sarcoma
- Metastatic carcinoma
- Multiple Myeloma
86. In Glass gow coma scale a patient with V4 E5 M6 a total score of 15 indicates ?
- A normal patient with normal verbal and eye response and obeys full commands