The Questions from AIIMS November 2009 MDS/Dental Entrance, All the Best for your entrance exams. Follow the question papers and do well in Entrances. As we have seen that previous questions are repeated a lot of times it is sensible to be up to date with the questions and practice them more than once.
For more previous AIIMS papers:
- AIIMS 2012 MAY Questions Paper: AIIMS MAY 2012
- AIIMS 2012 NOV Question Paper: AIIMS NOV 2012
- AIIMS 2011 MAY Question Paper: AIIMS MAY 2011
- AIIMS 2010 NOV Question Paper: AIIMS NOV 2010
- AIIMS 2010 May Question Paper: AIIMS May 2012
1. Infarction of anterior inferior cerebellar artery may cause damage to ?
- Vestibular nuclei
- Pyramidal tract
- Corticospinal tract
- Spinal nucleus of trigeminal nerve
2. Chief cells are located in gastric gland in the region ?
- Equally spread
3. GALT (Gut associated Lymphoid tissue) is primarily located in ?
- Muscularis mucosa
- Lamina propria
4. Disinfection can be done by all except ?
- 5% chlorhexidine
- 2-3% cetremide
- 100% alcohol
5. Chemotactic Cytokine is ?
6. Cytokine found in Periapical region is ?
Ans: 1 or 2
7. Lepromin test is used to confirm ?
- Epidemiological studies
8. Which stage of Plasmodium Vivax is infectious to Mosquito ?
9. Mechanism of Phase contrast microscope is ?
- Light scatter
- Refraction of Light
- Difference in refractive index of objects
- Difference in reflective index of objects
10. A Dental surgeon has recovered from Hepatitis B by 3 months rest. His laboratory findings are normal but he is not allowed to attend to patients as per medical board as he is ?
- Healthy carrier
- Active Carrier
- Convalescent carrier
- Paradoxical carrier
11. In Pseudomonas aeraginosa all are true except ?
- Strict Aerobes
- Children with cystic fibrosis commonly affected
- Infection mostly due to endogenous source
- Can grow in disinfectants in hospital
12. About N.gonorrhoeae, all are true except ?
- Most common cause of male urethritis
- Present mainly in mixed infections
- All strains are susceptible to Pencillins
- Found only in human beings
13. True about meningococcal vaccine is ?
- Capsule polysaccharide act as a virulent factor for the production of group specific antibody
14. All are true about Vidal test except ?
- Baseline titre may vary in various endemic areas
- Titre antibodies last longer hence not dictative of recent infection
- Diagnostic and cannot differentiate between subtypes
- High titre value in a single Widal test is not confimative
15. About bacteroids. All are true except ?
- Susceptible to many antibiotics
- Present mainly in mixed infections
- Most common species in B.fragilis
- Bile resistant anerobes
16. Which is associated with defect in DNA repair ?
- Xeroderma pigmentosum
- Sickle cell anemia
17. Which of the following syndrome is related to HOX gene ?
- Mayer Rokit ansky syndrome
- Gorlin syndrome
18. Anti Pseudomonal Cephalosporin is ?
19. Antidote of Heparin is ?
- Protamine sulphate
20. Silidenafil is inhibitor of ?
21. True about pencillin G ?
- It is excreted by Kidney
- Acid resistant
- Broad Spectrum antibiotic
- Resistance to Pencillinase
22. Obesity is associated with all except ?
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Thyroid hormone deficiency
- Oestrogen deficiency
23. A 9 year girl old child shows profuse bleeding after tonsilectomy, blood shows normal platelet count, normal PT but increased APTT. Condition can be ?
- Von Willebrands disease
- Haemophilia A
- Haemophilia B
- Factor V deficiency
24. Increased intracranial pressure does not cause ?
- Muscle Twitching
25. Cooley’s Anemia is commonly known as ?
- Beta Thalassemia Major
- Beta Thalassemia Minor
- Beta Thalassemia Intermedia
- Alpha Thalassemia
26. Increase in height of the mandible and appearance of interdental spaces in an elderly pt is associated with ?
27. Transformation into Osteosarcoma is seen with ?
- Pagets disease and polystotic fibrous dysplasia
- Pagets disease and Osteopetrosis
- Cherubism and polystotic fibrous dysplasia
- Cherubism and Pagets disease
28. Burning tongue might be associated with ?
- Pernicious anemia
- Daibetes mellitus
- Local irritation
29. Dental Plaque adhereas to tooth surface by ?
- Epithelial cells
30. 9 yr old child show extra cusp on lingual side of anterior maxillary tooth. Which of the following conditions may not be associated ?
- Mohr syndorme
- Rubenstein Taybi syndrome
- Struge Weber syndrome
- Proteus Syndrome
31. Among Hepatitis, syphilitic glossitis, plummer vinson syndrome, Mikulicz’s syndrome. Squamous cell carcinoma is most likely to occurs in ?
- Syphilitic glossitis and plummer vinsons syndrome
- Syphilitic glossitis and Mukilicz disease
- Plummer vinsons disease and Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis A and Mikuliczs disease
32. Oral and Dermal symptoms are most commonly seen in which leukaemia ?
33. Bilateral mandibular enlargement is seen in which of the following conditions ?
- Monostotic fibrous dysplasia
34. Generalized hypercementosis is seen in ?
- Pagets disease
- Fibrous dysplasia
35. Which of the following is the most preferred route of drug administration in the management of chronic pain ?
36. Maximum amount of phosphate is seen in ?
37. If the rate of Loading is decreased the mechanical properties of material ?
- Remains unchanged
- Becomes unpredictable
38. Which cement is most kind to pulp ?
- Zn Polycarboxylate
- Zn Phosphate
39. Nickel is added to wrought base metal alloys
- Whitens alloys
40. Dustless alginate is produced by ?
- Reducing the Diatemous earth
- Adding heavy metals
- Coating with dihydric alcohol
- Altering the matrix
41. Which of the following does not occur in reaction between ZnO and Eugenol ?
- Zinc oxide hydrolysis to hydride
- Autocatalytic reaction
- Water is the byproduct of reaction
- Dehydrated ZnO reacts with dehydrated eugenol
42. Which of the following does not occur in High copper amalgam ?
- Electromechanical corrosion
- Chemical corrosion
- Penetrating corrosion
- Corrosion does not occur at all
43. Proximal caries in a 6 year old child can be best detected by ?
- Bitewing paralleling technique
- Bitewing bisecting angle technique
- Bitewing by RVG
44. Patients cross infection with bite block of OPG machine is prevented by ?
- Cover the machine with autoclaved cloth after each use
- Using disposable Bite blocks
- Clean with 100% alcohol
- Cover with impervious barrier
45. Fibroblasts in pulp produce which type of collagen ?
- Type I
- Type II and III
- Type I and III
- Type II and I
46. Period of Splinting for fracture in cervical 1/3rd of root fracture of tooth is ?
- 14 days
- 4 weeks
- 40 days
- 4 months
47. Injury that can cause protective layer damage is ?
- Lateral Luxation
48. Dental caries is associated with ?
- S. mitis
- S. Salivarius
- S. rattus
49. Which do the following tissue occupies the greatest volume of the tooth ?
50. With slowly advancing enamel caries and rapid involvement of dentin, the type of dentin formed is ?
51. During the formation of reparative dentin the odontoblasts which are lost is differentiated from undifferentiated mesenchymal cells in ?
- 1 week
- 15 days
- 4-6 weeks
- 1 month
52. Minimum demineralization of enamel by caries to be evident on a radiograph is ?
- 100 Microns
- 200 Microns
- 400 Microns
- 500 Microns
53. Distance of the blade from the shank to have anti rotational stability of the instrument is ?
- 2 mm
- 3 mm
- 4 mm
- 5 mm
54. Percentage of Phosphoric acid where Dicalcium phosphate monohydrate is formed that cannot be rinsed off ?
55. Material that acts as pulpal medicament and thermal insulator is ?
- Solution liner
- Suspension liner
- Cement liner
- Cement base
56. Nd: YAG laser has a wavelength of ?
- 10.6 microns
- 1.06 microns
- 0.6 microns
- 110.6 microns
57. Zone of carious dentin with demineralization of intertubular dentin and formation of fine crystals in tubule lumen ?
- Subtransparent dentin
- Transparent dentin
- Affected dentin
- Normal dentin
58. Acid dissolution of Enamel rods is ?
- More in head than in tail
- More in tail than in head
- Uniform all over
- More in periphery
59. Patient with complete denture complains of pain while swallowing and their is overextension in the distolingual aspect. The muscle involved is ?
- Superior constrictor
60. For a loose CD, religning and rebasing can be done in which of the following ocnditions ?
- Excessive alveolar bone loss
- When centric relation and centric occlusion do not coincide
- The patient is poor and cannot afford a new denture
- More than 2mm loss of alveolar bone height
61. A patient with poor neuromuscular control presents with occlusal prematurities. Occlusion can be corrected by ?
- Direct correction in patients mouth
- No need to establish correct occlusion in such cases
- Patient is asked to bite on carborundum paste
- Take new interocclusal record and correct on articulator
62. New pair of complete dentures show edge to edge relation in centric occlusion. correction can be done by grinding ?
- Cuspal inclinations of maxillary teeth are bucally placed and Mandibular teeth are lingually placed
63. If the maxillary teeth are placed more anteriorly in denture. The sound effected is ?
64. The most frequent fracture of root tips in extraction of primary molar is ?
- Ankylosis of tooth
- Improper use of cowhorn forceps
- Presence of supernumerary PM
- Resorption between Apex and Bifurcation
65. Absorption of fluorides in children is mostly through ?
- Oral cavity
66. In behaviour management which is the most common route of premedication ?
67. The type of profile seen in patient suffering with chronic mouth breathing ?
- Convex profile, long face
- Concave profile, long face
- Convex profile short face
- Concave profile short face
68. Na2CO3 when give whit LA has the following effect ?
- Increases rapidity of action
- Helps intraneural spread of LA
- Decreases Onset and quality of block
- Increases rate of drug absorption from site
69. Haemophilia A is caused by gene encoding ?
- Factor VIII
- Factor IX
- Factor V
- Factor XIII
70. Intravertebral injection does not spread to ?
- Epidural space
- Inf and Sup paravertebral spaces vertebular penetration
- Intercoastal space
71. Cause of death during the 2nd Peak in a patient with severe injuries is ?
- Spinal injury
- Epidural and subdural haemorrhage
- Aortic arch rupture
72. Treatment of solitary Langerhans histocytoma of mandible is by ?
- No treatment
73. Which film is recommended for caries detection in children ?
74. Propofol. all are true except ?
- Has a rapid recovery rate
- USed for induction of anesthesia
- Causes vomiting after use
- Causes sedation
75. A patient with history of fall after hypoglycaemic episode presents with pain in bilateral preauricular region and deviation of the mandible to the right side on mouth opening probable diagnosis is ?
- # of right condyle
- # of left condyle
- Dislocation of the left condyle
- Dislocation of the right condyle
76. Open reduction and fixation of fracture of mandibular condyle is indicated when ?
- Shortening of ramal height more than 5 mm
- Superior 5 mm condyle fracture
- Greenstick fracture in children
- Condylar fracture which is not dislocated
77. Infection of masticatory space is usually associated with ?
- Tonsillar abscess
- Mandibular molar
- Lateral pharyngeal space
- Parotid space infection
78. What is the best treatment for # of Angle of mandible based on champys principle of lines of tension and compression ?
- One AO plates
- Compression plating
- Reconstruction plates
- External pin fixation
79. Which of the following inducing agents has analgesic property ?
- Nitrous Oxide
80. First local anaesthesia to be used clinically was ?
81. Which combination forms day care anaesthesia ?
- Fentanyl, propofol, isoflurane
- Pethidine, propofol, Isoflurane
- Thiopental, pethidine, halothane
- Thipentane, isoflurane, fentanyl
82. Mandibular fracture managed by adapting mini plates is a type of ?
- Load bearing osteosynthesis
- Load sharing osteosynthesis
- Non-rigid osteosynthesis
- Rigid osteosynthesis
83. Most stable orthognathic procedure for anterior open bite correction is ?
- Sagittal split osteotomy
- Le Fort I
- Inverted L Osteotomy
- Intraoral vertical subsigmoidal osteotomy
84. The incision used for treatment of traumatic telecanthus is ?
- Bicoronal incision
- Upper Blepharoplasty
- Infraorbital incision
85. In a patient with fresh blowout # of the orbit, best immediate management is ?
- Wait and watch
- Antral pack
- Titanium mesh
- Glass bead mesh
86. Caries status in child is most likely suggested by ?
- DMFT and past caries index
- Salivary flow and composition
- Frequency of sugar intake
- fluoride concentration in the Area
87. All of the following are contraindications of DPT vaccine except ?
- Progressive neurological disease
- Severe convulsions
- Immunocompromised state
- Severe reaction on first dose or subsequent dose