Here is the APPG MDSET 2011 solved Question paper – Dental.
APPG MDS 2011 entrance examination Questions and Answers.
Previous APPG Question Papers:
APPG 2012 MDSET Solved Question paper: APPG 2012 MDSET Question Paper
APPG 2010 MDSET Solved Question paper: APPG 2010 MDSET Question Paper
APPG MDSET 2011 Question Paper with Answers:
1. Norweign appliance is ?
- Twin Block
2. Neural tissue completes its growth by ?
- 1-2 years
- 6-7 years
- 9-10 years
- 13-15 years
3. Safety valve Mechanism is ?
- Increased mandibular intercanine width
- Increased maxillary intercanine width
- Increased incisor width
- Increased Mandibular incisor width
4. Bakers Anchorage is ?
- Intermaxillary Elastics
- Intramaxillary elastics
- Reciprocal anchorage
- Reinforced Anchorage
5. Dentoalveolar ablation ?
- Friction from soft tissue
6. Epithelial Rests of Malassez are seen in ?
- Poyogenic granuloma
- Periapical granuloma
- Periapical abscess
- Pulp polyp
7. The best approach to manage thumb sucking in a 9 year old child is ?
- Tongue Crib
8. Varicella Zooster causes ?
9. Simplest tooth movement achieved by a removable appliance is ?
10. Vertical compaction of warm gutta-percha technique was proposed by ?
11. Final product of alginate is ?
- Sodium Alginate
- Potassium Alginate
- Trisodium Alginate
- Calcium Alginate
12. Stages of annealing in order is ?
- Recovery, Recrystallization, Grain growth
- Recrystallization, Recovery, Grain growth
- Grain growth, Recrystallization, Recovery
- Melting point, Grain growth, Recrystallization
13. Which of the following is not included in basal cell nevoid syndrome ?
- Calcification of Falx Cerebri
- Multiple OKC
- Multiple Supernumerary teeth
- Bifid Rib
14. Oral hairy Leukoplakia is caused by ?
- Epstein Barr Virus
15. 18 carat gold means ?
- 250 fineness
- 500 fineness
- 750 fineness
- 1000 fineness
16. Which of the following is the most radiolucent ?
- Air Space
17. False about OKC is ?
- Thin Capsule
- No retepegs
- Contain Ghost cells
- Keratinizing Squamous Epithelium
18. Atropine and one of this is extracted from Beladonna Alkaloids ?
19. Force per unit area is ?
20. “Cafe-au-lait” spots are seen in ?
- Apert’s Syndrome
- Albright’s Syndrome
- Ascher’s Syndrome
- Down’s Syndrome
21. Lock Jaw is seen in infection from ?
- Clostridium Tetani
22. Technique used to localize an object or impacted tooth ?
- Clark’s technique
- Lateral shift technique
- CT scan
Ans : 1
23. “Ball in Hand” appearance in sailography is seen in ?
- Sjogrens syndrome
- Benign Neoplasm of Salivary Gland
24. White noise is ?
- Voice Control
- Audio Analgesia
- Operant Conditioning
25. Flumazenil is the antidote for ?
26. Which of the following is an ACE inhibitors ?
27. “Adenoid Facies” is seen in ?
- Mouth breathing
- Thumb Sucking
- Tongue Thrusting
- Lip Biting
28. Tic-douloureux is another name for ?
- Sphenopalatine neuralgia
- Alveolar Osteitis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Bell’s Palsy
29. Multiple Supernumerary and impacted teeth are ?
- Gardener’s Syndrome
- Gorham’s Syndrome
- Gorlin-Goltz Syndrome
- Turners Syndorme
30. The process in which micro organisms directly enter into the pulp tissue ?
31. The amount of saliva secreted per day is ?
- 0.5 to 0.75 L
- 1-2 L
- 1.-2.5 L
- 2.5-3.5 L
32. Rolled out margin s of gingiva is seen in ?
- Stillman’s cleft
- Mc Calls Festoons
33. The minimum time of removal of elastomeric impression from the mouth is ?
- 2 min
- 8 min
- 12 min
- 16 min
34. Bleaching in non vital tooth results in ?
- Cervical resorption
- Internal Resorption
- Apical Resorption
35. Microorganis seen soon after pelicle formation is ?
- Streptococcus Sanguis
- Streptococcus Mutans
36. Mineral Oxide in Zinc Oxide Eugenol acts as ?
37. Gorton’s sign is seen in ?
- Lupus Erythematous
- Bells Palsy
38. Sublingual ulcers in children are seen in ?
- Darrier disease
- Riga-Fede Syndrome
- None of the above
39. Which of the following contains highest fluoride content ?
- Fluoride varnish
- Fluoride gel
- Fluoride tooth gel
40. Grand Rapids & Muskegin study is based on ?
- Field trial
- Observation studies
- Randomized controlled trials
- Community trials
41. LA used in post-operative patients is ?
42. Which Amino Acid is used to detect the level of collagen synthesis ?
43. Ameloblastoma with Squamous metaplasia ?
- Basal cell
44. Odontogenic pain is ?
- Tooth and PDL pain
- Bone pain
- Soft tissue pain
- General body pain
45. Which of the following is most suitable for FPD abutment ?
- Molar with conical roots
- Single rooted tooth
- Large molar with divergent roots
- Single rooted tooth with circular cross section
46. Displacement of fractured segment in parasymphyseal fracture is due to ?
47. Angulation for scaling and root planing is ?
- 45 degrees
- 45-90 degrees
- 90 degrees
- 0 degree
48. Scaling Stroke is ?
- Short and powerful pull stroke
- Moderate to light pull stroke
- Moderate to light push stroke
- A long pulling stroke
49. Lava flowing around boulders appearance is seen in ?
- Dentin dysplasia II
- Dentin dysplasia I
- Regional Odontodysplasia
- Dentinogenesis Imperfecta
50. Antony type A and type B are seen in ?
- Traumatic Neuroma
51. Infection of decidious tooth will lead to all the following in underlying permanent tooth except ?
- Internal resorption
- Turners hypoplasia
- Dilacerated root
- Malformed crown
52. Functional cusp bevel angulation is ?
- 15 degrees
- 30 degrees
- 45 degrees
- 60 degrees
53. All of the following supply TMJ except ?
- External carotid artery
- Internal maxillary artery
- Transverse facial artery
- Branches supplying lateral pterygoid
54. Steel used in orthodontic wire is ?
- All the above
55. Hand instruments are made up of ?
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
56. Amount of force in orthodontic movement should be equal to ?
- Capillary pressure 20-26 mm of Hg
- Arterial pressure 20-30 mm of Hg
- Venous pressure
- None of the above
57. The organized soft deposit found adhering to the tooth surface is ?
- Materia Alba
58. Tomes fibers are derivatives of ?
- Dental papilla
59. Glossopalatine salivary glands are ?
- Purely serous
- Purely mucous
- Predominantly serous
60. Oral malodor id detected by ?
- Gas chromatography
- Gas laser
61. Which of the following is false about Warthins tumour ?
- It is also called papillary lymphadenomatosum
- It is a salivary gland tumour
- It is benign in nature
- It is malignant in nature
62. Most common reason of failure of rest seat is ?
- Improper rest seat preparation
- Contaminated material
- Distorted occlusal rest
- Excessive occlusal forces
63. Which of the following is seen in patients with low caries index ?
- High salivary IgA
- Low salivary IgA
- High salivary IgG
- Low salivary IgG
64. In gnathostatic models , maxillary cast is oriented parallel to ?
- F-H plane
- S-N plane
- Mandibular Plane
- Maxillary Plane
65. Which of the following components of balanced occlusion are frequently altered by dentist ?
- Cuspal inclination, condylar guidance
- Incisal guidance, cuspal inclination
- Plane of orientation, curve of Spee
- Compensatory curve, Cuspal Inclination
66. Explorer is used to ?
- Measure, locate and mark pockets
- Removal of Supragingival debris
- Location of sub-gingival calculus and caries detection
- Scaling and Root planing
67. Width of attached gingiva is measured from ?
- Marginal gingiva to mucogingival junction
- Marginal gingiva to vestibular sulcus
- Base of gingival sulcus or pocket to mucogingival junction
- Tip of interdental papilla to mucogingival junction
68. Stippling is due to ?
- Lamina propria contiguity with the mucoperiosteum of bone
- Alternate protuberances and depressions on gingival surface
- Drying of gingiva
- Trauma to the gingiva
69. Which of the following polishing agents is used in high noble metal alloys ?
- Tin Oxide
70. Blue colored gingiva is due to ?
- Venous Stasis
- Increased Blood flow
- Decreased Keratinization
71. Late exfoliation of deciduous teeth will lead to the eruption of the permanent predecessor ?
1. Facial to normal position
2. Lingual to normal position
3. Mesial to normal position
4. Distal to normal position
72. Number of times an individual swallows per day ?
73. All the following bones are involved in Cranial Base except ?
74. In distal extension partial dentures, relining is indicated when ?
1. When occlusion is not stable
2. When occlusion is not stable and rocks along the fulcrum line
3. Patinet complains of loose dentures
4. All of the above
75. Which of the following is correct about enamel crystals ?
1. Same as dentin crystals
2. Contains organic portion in the centre
3. Roughly hexagonal in shape
4. 5 Microns in size
76. Counter irritant decreases (deep effect) ?
77. Which of the following acts as a central Sympatholytic ?
78. Cross linking agent in denture base resin is ?
1. Glycol Dimethacrylate
2. Dibutyl Pthalate
4. None of the above
79. Pulp Capillary pressure ?
1. 14 cm of H2O
2. 25 cm of H2O
3. 80 cm of H2O
4. 120 cm of H2O
80. The form is gold recently developed, which becomes harder after condensation ?
1. Platinized foil
2. Mat gold alloyed with calcium
3. Electrolytic precipitate of gold
4. Mat gold
81. The minimum thickness of the base to provide thermal protection ?
1. 0.5 mm
2. 1 mm
3. 1.25 mm
4. >0.75 mm
82. Lingual plate is indicated in all, except ?
1. Periodontally weakened tooth
2. Anterior ridge resorption
3. High lingual frenum
4. Vestibule of more than 8mm
83. Mineral essential for Hb synthesis ?
84. Endodontic treatment comes under ?
1. Etiotropic phase
2. Restorative phase
3. Surgical phase
4. Maintainance phase
85. Etching of porcelain ceramic restoration is usually done by ?
1. Phosphoric acid
2. Hydrochloric acid
3. Hydrofluoric acid
4. Polyacrylic acid
86. Which of the following is not seen in “Bells Stage” ?
1. Stellate reticulum
2. Stratum intermedium
3. Enamel knot
4. Dental papilla
87. Dry ice is ?
1. Frozen CO2
2. 1,1,2,2 tetrafluoroethylene
3. Ethyl fluoride
88. Sequence of steps in RPD ?
1. Axial Contouring, guide plane, rest seat
2. Axial contouring, rest seat, guide plane
3. Guide plane, axial contouring, rest seat
4. None of the above
89. Micro organisms which grow in the presence or absence of oxygen ?
2. Facultative anaerobic
3. Obligate aerobic
90. Metastatic tumours in maxilla invade ?
1. Maxillary Sinus
2. Anterior part of hard palate
3. Posterior hard palate
4. Maxillary tuberosity
91. The stimulus which provokes pain easily ?
92. Index areas are ?
1. Alveolar support areas that disclose the reaction of bone to additional stresses
2. Areas which respond earlier to pathologic changes
3. Alveolar bone areas which respond to treatment
4. None of the above
93. In composite curing, light should be kept at a distance of ?
1. 1mm to the resin surface
2. 3mm to the resin surface
3. 4mm to the resin surface
4. 5mm to the resin surface
94. Which of the following is not true about axonotmesis ?
1. Impairment of both sensory and motor function
2. Wallerian degeneration
3. Intact Neural sheath is not present
4. Reversible loss, which will be regenerated in 6-8 weeks
95. Following is not a property of Composite ?
1. High Shrinkage
2. High abrasion resistance
3. Low coefficient of thermal expansion
4. Low micro leakage
96. The following is not a technique in porcelain veneer fabrication ?
1. Incremental build up
2. Porcelain wax technique
3. Direct porcelain technique
4. Platinum foil technique
97. All of the following are used in the manufacture of ligature clips except ?
2. Stainless steel
98. Lateral Skull view of palatal tori is used to know ?
3. Bone pattern
99. Wound healing is not impaired in ?
2. Secondary infection
3. Skin incision given parallel to langer’s lines
4. Incomplete wound debridement
100. Palatopharyngeal incompetence is treated by ?
1. Palatal lift prosthesis
2. Obturator prosthesis
3. Pharyngeal speech prosthesis
4. Pharyngeal bulb prosthesis
Ans: In this both 1 and 3 are correct