The cost of the international Dentist program varies from school to school, there highest being 300,000$ and the lowest being below 100,000$. You will also have additional expenses of rent, grocery, transport and other bills. Dental Education for DDS is a costly affair for International or Foreign students looking to practice Dentistry in United States. To apply for Dental School to pursue DDS in USA you need to clear NBDE Part 1 and you need to get a good score to be eligible for the respective dental school.
List of Complete Cost of DDS for International Dentist in United States in various Dental Schools across the Country, we have ranked the Universities or Schools based on the cheapest to the costliest schools. The Fees has been divided based on various costs as mentioned by the respective schools which vary – Tuition Fees, General Fees, Instruments, Textbooks, Other Cost and Health Services
Note: The below mentioned costs are per year charges and not for the whole duration of the course. We will be updating fees of other schools as well shortly.
- Medical College of Georgia – Tuition Fees – $21,868, General Fees – $3,601, Instruments – $15,598, Textbooks – $3,767, Other Cost – $3,239, Health Services – $4,796, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $52,869
- Indiana University School of Dentistry – Tuition Fees – $73,923, General Fees – $335, Instruments – $12,661, Textbooks – $1,900, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – $4,340, Total DDS Course Fees for 1 year: $98,750
- University of Puerto Rico – Tuition Fees – $59,977 General Fees – $3,676, Instruments – $23,740, Textbooks – $3,711, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – $8,192, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $99,296
- Howard University Tuition Fees – $82,805 General Fees – $3,220, Instruments – $5,535, Textbooks – $17,575, Other Cost – $3,229, Health Services – N/A, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $112,364
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry – Tuition Fees – $84,384, General Fees – $7,717, Instruments – $16,874, Textbooks – $4,723, Other Cost – $1,601, Health Services – $532, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $115,831
- Louisiana State University – Tuition Fees – $89,660, General Fees – $3,515, Instruments – $15,175, Textbooks – $3,775, Other Cost – $3,001, Health Services – $7,008, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $122,134
- University of Texas Houston – Tuition Fees – $91,700, General Fees – $175, Instruments – $17,723, Textbooks – $4,142, Other Cost – $6,424, Health Services – $5,232, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $125,396
- University of Mississippi – Tuition Fees – $107,460, General Fees – $0, Instruments – $6,734, Textbooks – $4,116, Other Cost – $3,138, Health Services – $7,988, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $129,436
- University of Texas, San Antonio – Tuition Fees – $91,700 General Fees – $40,725, Instruments – $4,250, Textbooks – N/A, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – N/A, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $136,675
- University of North Carolina – Tuition Fees – $115,668 General Fees – $7,752, Instruments – $12,690, Textbooks – $2,200, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – $6,000, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $144,310
- Meharry Medical College – Tuition Fees – $115,200, General Fees – $46,030, Instruments – N/A, Textbooks – $6,131, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – N/A, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $167,361
How easy is it to get a Loan for DDS Course or School Fees:
To get a loan, the first thing which you need is a co-signer or in simple terms a person giving Surety for the Loan you have taken. The person or co-signer should be a US citizen or a Green Card Holder. You will be getting a Student loan to cover your DDS course Fees.
Can we have multiple co-signers for a single loan?
Yes, you can have multiple co-signers for your Student loan, as the loan amount is high sometimes if one co-signer cannot satisfy the criteria multiple co-signers are accepted by the banks.
Will the DDS Student Loan cover Living Expenses?
Yes, the Student loan which you will be receiving will be covering your Course Fees, living expenses (even if you have a spouse and children), Health Insurance, Dental Instruments / materials, laptop and software plan, food and accommodation charges.
When will the DDS Loan Repayment start or begin?
Loan repayment for your DDS School / Student Loan will begin 6-9 months after completion of your Schooling or when you get a job – which ever is earlier.
Is it Easy to Repay the DDS Student Loan after Graduating?
Yes, you can easily repay the DDS School Loan after completion, according to ADA the average starting Salary of a DDS graduate is – $120,000 to $140,000 per anum which is quite sufficient to pay the EMI and have a decent living.
What is the Average Salary for Dentists in USA?
The Average Salary for Dentist across USA according to ADA is around $300,000 and higher based on your practice, experience, location etc. It is quite clear that you will be able to clear your Student Loan quite comfortably after completing your DDS course and will be among one of the highest earning population in the country.
If you have the means and the support from your Family and friends both in your Country and Abroad, you can take the risk and fulfill your Dream by completing DDS in USA and practicing as a Dentist.