The cost of the international Dentist program varies from school to school, there highest being 300,000$ and the lowest being below 100,000$. You will also have additional expenses of rent, grocery, transport and other bills. Dental Education for DDS is a costly affair for International or Foreign students looking to practice Dentistry in United States. To apply for Dental School to pursue DDS in USA you need to clear NBDE Part 1 and you need to get a good score to be eligible for the respective dental school.
List of Complete Cost of DDS for International Dentist in United States in various Dental Schools across the Country, we have ranked the Universities or Schools based on the cheapest to the costliest schools. The Fees has been divided based on various costs as mentioned by the respective schools which vary – Tuition Fees, General Fees, Instruments, Textbooks, Other Cost and Health Services
Note: The below mentioned costs are per year charges and not for the whole duration of the course. We will be updating fees of other schools as well shortly.
- Medical College of Georgia – Tuition Fees – $21,868, General Fees – $3,601, Instruments – $15,598, Textbooks – $3,767, Other Cost – $3,239, Health Services – $4,796, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $52,869
- Indiana University School of Dentistry – Tuition Fees – $73,923, General Fees – $335, Instruments – $12,661, Textbooks – $1,900, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – $4,340, Total DDS Course Fees for 1 year: $98,750
- University of Puerto Rico – Tuition Fees – $59,977 General Fees – $3,676, Instruments – $23,740, Textbooks – $3,711, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – $8,192, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $99,296
- Howard University Tuition Fees – $82,805 General Fees – $3,220, Instruments – $5,535, Textbooks – $17,575, Other Cost – $3,229, Health Services – N/A, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $112,364
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry – Tuition Fees – $84,384, General Fees – $7,717, Instruments – $16,874, Textbooks – $4,723, Other Cost – $1,601, Health Services – $532, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $115,831
- Louisiana State University – Tuition Fees – $89,660, General Fees – $3,515, Instruments – $15,175, Textbooks – $3,775, Other Cost – $3,001, Health Services – $7,008, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $122,134
- University of Texas Houston – Tuition Fees – $91,700, General Fees – $175, Instruments – $17,723, Textbooks – $4,142, Other Cost – $6,424, Health Services – $5,232, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $125,396
- University of Mississippi – Tuition Fees – $107,460, General Fees – $0, Instruments – $6,734, Textbooks – $4,116, Other Cost – $3,138, Health Services – $7,988, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $129,436
- University of Texas, San Antonio – Tuition Fees – $91,700 General Fees – $40,725, Instruments – $4,250, Textbooks – N/A, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – N/A, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $136,675
- University of North Carolina – Tuition Fees – $115,668 General Fees – $7,752, Instruments – $12,690, Textbooks – $2,200, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – $6,000, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $144,310
- Meharry Medical College – Tuition Fees – $115,200, General Fees – $46,030, Instruments – N/A, Textbooks – $6,131, Other Cost – N/A, Health Services – N/A, Total DDS Course Fees / year: $167,361
How easy is it to get a Loan for DDS Course or School Fees:
To get a loan, the first thing which you need is a co-signer or in simple terms a person giving Surety for the Loan you have taken. The person or co-signer should be a US citizen or a Green Card Holder. You will be getting a Student loan to cover your DDS course Fees.
Can we have multiple co-signers for a single loan?
Yes, you can have multiple co-signers for your Student loan, as the loan amount is high sometimes if one co-signer cannot satisfy the criteria multiple co-signers are accepted by the banks.
Will the DDS Student Loan cover Living Expenses?
Yes, the Student loan which you will be receiving will be covering your Course Fees, living expenses (even if you have a spouse and children), Health Insurance, Dental Instruments / materials, laptop and software plan, food and accommodation charges.
When will the DDS Loan Repayment start or begin?
Loan repayment for your DDS School / Student Loan will begin 6-9 months after completion of your Schooling or when you get a job – which ever is earlier.
Is it Easy to Repay the DDS Student Loan after Graduating?
Yes, you can easily repay the DDS School Loan after completion, according to ADA the average starting Salary of a DDS graduate is – $120,000 to $140,000 per anum which is quite sufficient to pay the EMI and have a decent living.
What is the Average Salary for Dentists in USA?
The Average Salary for Dentist across USA according to ADA is around $300,000 and higher based on your practice, experience, location etc. It is quite clear that you will be able to clear your Student Loan quite comfortably after completing your DDS course and will be among one of the highest earning population in the country.
If you have the means and the support from your Family and friends both in your Country and Abroad, you can take the risk and fulfill your Dream by completing DDS in USA and practicing as a Dentist.
What are the chances of getting job as a dentist in US after completing DDS?
I am sandeep,completed BDS recently from SVS dental college..am intrested in doing DDS..So plz guide me and explain the procedure
Congratulations on completing your BDS, welcome to the Dental fraternity. As you want to do DDS in USA, it is important to know about these Examinations – NBDE Part 1 and Part 2 after which you need to complete DDS. Here is a useful link from American Dental Association regarding NDE examinations – https://www.ada.org/en/jcnde/examinations/nbde-general-information.
Go through it and let me know if you have any doubts
DR SEN says
THANKS FOR THE INFO. WELDONE DOC.PLS HOW CAN I COPY THIS ?
Ishwar Mankare says
After completiom of BDS from India
How many years of DDS course has to do?
2 years of DDS course has to be done and to get into a Univ for DDS course you need to first Clear NBDE Part and Part 2 in USA or NDEB for Canada.
Aishwarya BANGARU says
Hi, i am aishwarya, i have done mds (prosthodontics) i want to do dds. To complete nbde part 1&2 how long it will take. How can i apply.?is there practical exam?? What is the procedure. I want to clarify all my doubts. After completing part 1&2 will i get dds immediately or should i wait? How can i go n apply over there.. Thank you
Lovely article! Just one question. Are these costs for the international dentist program or are these the general fee that an average american pays for a dental school?
I have my BDS degree from India.
Now i want to persue DDS from the US.
I don’t know anyone there. How can i get the loan ???
You need to either get someone from USA to sign for your Loan or show that you have sufficient funds with which you can repay the loan if need arises, but this process is quite complicated. You can contact other DDS graduates through forums and find out complete details.
Luiz Souza says
I have a question, can i do the nbde part 1 test before finish my graduation in Brasil?
Thanks in advance
krishna cs says
can we take the exam from India or we need to travel to US to write NBDE exams
You need to travel to USA for both NBDE part 1 and part 2 examinations
Thank you for sharing your experience!
What is the next step after passed NBDE part 1 and 2
Dr. Kazmeen says
I have completed my MDS in orthodontics in India, can u tell me after clearing NBDE part 1and 2 how to apply for DDS and will DDS allow me to practice orthodontics over there in USA? And what is the fees of DDS per year?
DDS course in unversity of georgia is of how many years ??
Amalia Mendez says
Hi please can you tell me how yo apply, my first step on how to apply for international foreign training dentist in us. ??
I want to know that how can we visit to USA for NBDE as do we need to apply for visit visa first and then after exams how can we convert visa status for DDS education, Pls confirm as its little bit complicated. I have done BDS from Pakistan and also have clinical experience of 3 years
For the Theory part, you need to visit US on a visiting VISA and appear for it and once cleared you will have to apply for Universities and once you get into them you can get study VISA. Now two parts of NBDE has been converted in INBDE (single exam) making it a little easy and as it is new it is a bit confusing at this time period – I have tried to clear some doubts in this post you can check it out.
Dr Rituja Shah says
When did you publish this blog? Without the date its hard to find if the tuition is still relevant
Had updated the course fees in 2020, will be updating the Fees list for this financial year as well.