The Perfect impression is the first step towards the preparation of a perfect prosthesis for the patient, so utmost care should be taken during Impression taking.
Filed under are some guidelines
which followed thoroughly will lead to a Good impression.
1. Uniform, homogeneous mix of Impression material
2. Tray is sufficiently filled with impression material
3. Thoroughly applied tray adhesive(to ensure impression material in the tray)
4. Rigid, sturdy impression tray(for applying pressure)
5. No voids or pulls on margin detail
6. Detailed margins with no tears or rough surfaces
7. Tray should not be seen through of the impression material
8. Good blend between heavy body and light body materials
9. Strong bond between impression material and tray
10. No tooth contact with the tray.
By following these guidelines one can get an Ideal Impression.
In the given Picture the impression is taken of a partially edentulous patient with the Anteriors missing.