NEET – National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination is the national entrance examination being conducted by AIIMS for admissions into MDS seats all over India for the year 2013.
Here is the NEET MDS 2013 Question paper – NEET MDS 2013
NEET MDS Examination dates 2013: As per the latest updates from DCI – NEET for the year 2013 will be held on 13th Jan 2013. As per the official notification the applicaion forms will be available from 14th November 2012 and the last date of submission is 10-12-2012 (5pm) you can download the forms from www.aiimsexams.org.
NEET Examination Pattern: NEET for MDS is being conducted by AIIMS. The examination pattern details have not been notified yet but looking at the Medical Entrance Examination exam pattern, MDS NEET examination pattern will also be the same.
- Number of questions: 200
- Negative markings: Yes – The questions will be single answer objective type. Each answer with correct answer shall be awarded four marks. One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Time: 3 hours
- Examination Type: Online
- Examinations Centers: 5 centers – Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Guwhati, Trivandrum
Reservations for Eligibility in NEET MDS Exmaination Seat Allocations/Counselling:
The marks will be sorted out into Percentile and for qualifying into counselling the following minimum percentiles should be obtained by each category of Students:
- General Students: 50 Percentile
- Backward Casts– SC/ST – 40 Percentile
- Locomotory Disability of Lower Limbs: 45 Percentile
Dentists who have worked under State and Central Government Service in Villages will be given 10%-30% additional marks based on the location of their work.
50% of PG Diploma courses shall be reserved for students who have served the State/Central Government for 3 years or more in remote areas.
3% seats will be allotted to students with locomotion disability of 50-70% of lower limbs. In case the allotted 3% seats are not filled by students with 50-70% disability these seats will be filled by students with 40-50% disability
What is Percentile ? How is Percentile calculation done in NEET MDS Entrance ?
The highest marks obtained by a student will be termed as 100 Percentile and the next highest number of marks will be termed as 99% percentile and so on.
Seat Allocations in All India Merit Entrance NEET – MDS 2013:
- 50% (Fifty Percent) of Total seats shall be allotted by counselling by the concerned State or National authority in Non- Government Dental Colleges.
- 50% (Fifty Percent) of total seats shall be allotted by the respective colleges based on the merit list prepared by the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test
- 50% of PG Diploma courses shall be reserved for students who have served the State/Central Government for 3 years or more in remote areas.
- 3% seats will be allotted to students with 50-70% locomotory disability.
How will the Ranks be allotted:
- All India Merit List/Rank: It is the rank which will be allotted to you on the National ranking system. It is the National rank. Which will be used to take seats in National level in States other than your Native State.
- State wise Merit List/Rank: It is the rank allotted to you based on the competition in your native state. It is the State Rank.
What is the Native State, How do i know which state i should be writing from in NEET MDS entrance:
- There are many students who are native of one state and completed BDS from another state. Remember this point:
- You should write your Entrance examination from the State where your family has been residing for the past 5-7 years. Even if you have studied in a different state for the past 5 years the residential address of your parents will be considered.
- Some states allow Domicile Criteria: Where some students who have domicile for a particular state inspite of having their graduation degree from another state will be allowed to take up PG in the respective state colleges.
LINK TO NATIVITY NOTICE STATE/NATIONAL MERIT LIST:
NEET Case: Hearings of the much awaited NEET case have been completed and the date of Verdict being Awaited by close to 90000 Doctors all over India. The date of the Verdict will be given on 3rd-May-2013. We will be updating this space once the Verdict Date is finalized keep watching.