Syndromes related to disease of blood are the list of diseases which are related to blood disorders. A Syndrome in general is a term used to describe collective set of medical problems which are seen together with various Signs and Symptoms. It cannot be called as one disease but a concurence (Meaning in Greek) of multiple diseases occuring together.
In this post we are looking into the Syndromes which are related to Blood and Periodontium. In each Syndrome the signs and symptoms can be seen affecting the given tissues – Blood and Periodontium with various signs and symptoms.
Syndromes related to disease of blood
- Aplastic anaemia
- Olive brown pigmentation
Plummer Vinson Syndrome:
It is charecterised by a triad of diseases-
- Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Carcinoma of Hypopharynx
- Thrombocytopenic purpura
- Increased susceptibility to infection
Chediak Higashi Syndrome:
- Malignant Lymphoas
- Gingivitis: Inflammation of the Gingiva
- Glossitis: Inflammation of the Tongue
- Recurrent infections
- Severe Congenital Neutropenia
Syndromes related to Diseases Of Periodontium:
Papillon Lefevre Syndrome:
- Juvenile periodontitis: Early onset periodontitis is seen in individuals around the age of puberty. It is seen with either Localized or Generalized periodontitis which come with Inflammation of Gums and Bone loss as well.
- Palmar plantar keratosis
- Calcification of falxcerebri
It is important to keep yourself updated with the various signs and symptoms of different Syndrome which can help in diagnosing any problem with ease.