Here is a list of Syndromes related to Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Oral cavity. There are not many tumors associated with tumors of the Oral cavity as most of the tumors are mainly caused due to etiologic factors other than genetic reasons like habits of tobacco, ghutka, infections etc. So here are the 4 Syndromes which are associated with benign and malignant tumors of the oral cavity.
- Oral Papillomatous lesions
- Facial Trichilemmomas
- GIT, Thyroid, CNS Abnormalities
B-K Mole Syndrome:
- Large pigmented lesion
- high risk of development of Melanoma
MEN – I (Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndrome):
- Hyperplasia of Pituitary parathyroid, adrenal cortex and pancreatic islets.
MENS – II (Sipple Syndrome):
- Parathyroid hypoplasia
- Medullary carcinoma of thyroid